replacement vango foot strut pole

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

replacement vango foot strut pole

Postby Joel1982 » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:06 am

I've recently bought a second hand Vango Helium 200. Unfortunately the seller did not include the 17" foot strut pole and I'm now looking for a replacement. Does anyone know where to find one? The tent would be pretty useless without it. Cheers!
Joel1982
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Re: replacement vango foot strut pole

Postby Mark F » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:46 am

Creating one should be pretty simple. The only issue is matching the fittings that the ends go into - usually either a fabric/tape pocket or an eyelet. Many outdoor shops would have a section or two aluminium pole that could be adapted. Perhaps an archery shop and get an cf arrow shaft and a couple of the plastic nocks which could be shaped to do the job.

There is a company in the UK that deals with Vango spare parts http://www.campingspares.co.uk/3-vango-spares which may be able to help.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove".
Mark F
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby johnk1 » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi Joel,

I have some spare aluminium poles at home they may be the right size.

I'll measure them tonight and let you kniw.
johnk1
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Joel1982 » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 2:14 pm

I've called around and put in an inquiry with Ansco. Hopefully they come back with something for me. If not, it's the DIY route!
Joel1982
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby andrewa » Wed 12 Jul, 2017 2:53 pm

I recently got some aluminum poles from fleabay - 2 poles of about 4m each for about $25-30. Seem perfectly good quality, and available in 8.5, 9.5mm - found a seller in Oz, rather than China/HK, so they only took 10days to arrive.

A
andrewa
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: None
Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment