Nitecore NU20 rechargeable LED Headlamp 30%OFF

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Nitecore NU20 rechargeable LED Headlamp 30%OFF

Postby Dreamer » Thu 03 Aug, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi all,
After searching for a lightweight, powerful rechargeable headlamp I zeroed in on this one: Nitecore NU20 rechargeable LED Headlamp 47g. It's also a real bargain 30% off using code: 2017FNL at link below...cost A$26.98 free delivery. I have used this site before and it's very good. Thought I would share...
https://www.banggood.com/Nitecore-NU20-XP-G2-S3-360LM-USB-Rechargeable-Lightweight-LED-Headlamp-p-1114655.html?rmmds=search
Dreamer
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: South Australia

Re: Nitecore NU20 rechargeable LED Headlamp 30%OFF

Postby Dreamer » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 6:05 pm

UPDATE. Don't buy! I'm sure product is good (genuine Nitecore) but Banggood have advised via email that Australian customs are not allowing it through. Maybe due to Li-Ion battery, I don't know. Anyway the on-line store Banggood (Hong Kong) are giving me a refund + some reward points for the trouble.

Sorry about that! The perils of buying from overseas...
Dreamer
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby ofuros » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 7:57 pm

Aah, I see what you mean now...the battery is built in, non replaceable.
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby Dreamer » Thu 17 Aug, 2017 8:22 pm

Yes, it is built-in, but customs allow iphone through (for example) so I did not consider it a problem. I would say that maybe the sender did not label the package correctly. I think rules may have tightened this year. Anyway, sorry to those that may have ordered although maybe yours will get through. I will think more carefully before recommending stuff in future.
Dreamer
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Return to Equipment