Tier Gear Goshawk Hammock

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Tier Gear Goshawk Hammock

Postby taipan821 » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 8:06 pm

Hello

I normally keep quiet when it comes to gear I like normally because there is nothing to complain about. However, Simon's Goshawk Hammock has somewhat change my views on things...so consider this somewhere between a review and praise.

I've had the hammock for nearly a year now. I've only slept around 7 nights in it, but it has been taken on numerous day trips, holidays and has been found more than once in my 'just in case' bag. one thing I can say for sure...its my go-to shelter for S.E.S activations and deployments.

It lasted a 5 day deployment, where it was hung in the sketchiest of spots, with one tree protector wrapped around a door and another around a post, I then clipped directly to the tree protectors as there was no room for the whoopie slings. despite this it made the rest of the volunteers extremely envious every time I lounged around after cleaning up after TC Debbie.

Another time it got used was an overnight SES exercise, where it was the first time many saw it set up properly (whoopie slings, tarp etc) many were intrigued and were envious, after the demonstration of how easy and comfortable it was.

the ease of use, the simple adjustment of the whoopieslings, the texture of the fabric and just the factor that I can step out of bed in the morning have been huge selling points for me, and the build quality is fantastic. If I could recommend 1 thing, I would be recommending changing the method of tying back the mozzie net, the small hooks are quite difficult to use.

Simon, thanks for a fantastic product and I look forward to ordering products from you again
taipan821
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Re: Tier Gear Goshawk Hammock

Postby Graham17 » Sun 02 Feb, 2020 6:29 am

Comfort is a big plus !
Graham17
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Tasmania

Return to Equipment