Pack Advice. Exo mountain gear K2 3500 pack

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Pack Advice. Exo mountain gear K2 3500 pack

Postby iaindtiler » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 5:57 pm

I am looking for a new lighter pack, for multi day hikes around Tasmania. It doesn't need to be an ultralight pack. I found the Exomountaingear K2 3500, and it certainly sounds the goods. And from my rudimentary maths seems to be a 60L pack?? Any opinions about this pack? Many thanks , iain
iaindtiler
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Pack Advice. Exo mountain gear K2 3500 pack

Postby TrevPed » Tue 27 Mar, 2018 4:01 pm

hi,
Unsure if you have purchased a bag yet...

I have recently ordered an Exo Mountain Gear K2 5500 pack. When it finally arrives I will jump back on and provide you with first impressions of the pack.
From the research I have done it seems like a very versatile pack due to the construction technique and materials used (allowing movement of the hips, but still providing up and down rigidity).
I plan to use my pack for all hiking expeditions - be them a few hours hiking or a multi-day hike. Thus I opted for the larger size due to the fact that the 5500 and 3500 both can 'compress' down to the same sized 'day pack' and its easier to compress down than it is to have extra gear and scratch ones head thinking "hmmm where am I going to put this".
From ALL (and there were a lot) of the online reviews I have read about this and many other brands of packs - it should be the goods.

Will do my best to come back and post an update.
TrevPed
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Return to Equipment