Sleeping systems overbags Rays & TNF

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Sleeping systems overbags Rays & TNF

Postby Moondog55 » Tue 19 Dec, 2017 9:14 am

I opened my email this AM to find a notice from Rays that my credit points expire on Boxing Day
I didn't even know I had credit points
Anyway as usual I clicked on the link and had a quick shufti.
As a great believer in maximising my sleeping system versatility I was interested to see that Rays have in stock a cheap dedicated overbag from TNF
http://www.raysoutdoors.com.au/Product/ ... om=5041119
Way too small for me and for most large adults but it may have utility for some members here that may want to move into the white season but not want to buy a whole new snow rated sleeping bag
Rays have naturally left all the dimensions from the web site description so there only the note that maximum user height is 6feet

With a comfort rating of 9C it should be OK to add another ten degrees to whatever bag it is placed over but with a shoulder circumference of only 155cm you need to be skinny so I'm thinking kids or smaller people
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Sleeping systems overbags Rays & TNF

Postby Moondog55 » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 9:51 am

Having just done some Googling and arithmetic it is another prime example of the Australia tax at work
If you were thinking of one of these import it, $99- USD + postage is far cheaper than the Rays inflated price, so I am assuming it is priced so that when it goes on sale at $0% off it will still make them a profit. If interested do not buy until it goes to 40% off when on sale
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment