MSR Zip tent

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

MSR Zip tent

Postby sebastien » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi

The zip of my MSR tent ( Hubba NX) is so tired that it does not shut off anymore.
It needs to be replaced.

I have not the fogiest idea where to ask for a quality repair. Any idea?

Thanks
sebastien
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Western Australia

Re: MSR Zip tent

Postby Franco » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 7:26 pm

Before you get it repaired (Google "outdoor gear repair shop Woy Woy ( or wherever you are...) ) try this :
Franco
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby casey79 » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 9:15 pm

If you take it back to the store you purchased it at they should be able to help.

You could also contact Spelean the importer of MSR and ask for Paul who looks after repairs. He can advice you.
casey79
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Postby neilmny » Wed 10 Jan, 2018 3:52 am

Try what is shown on the video franko posted first. I've repaired a heap of zippers this way from tents to clothing.
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Mark F » Wed 10 Jan, 2018 7:52 pm

Agree. Squeezing the end of the a zipper where the tape comes out closed as in the video fixes it most of the time. My main suggestion here is to locate slide towards the end of the zip so you won't be forcing a lot of separated tape together - this avoids a lot of additional strain on the slider. This will work a couple of times but ultimately it can be necessary to replace the zip slider. Not hard to do and I am sure there is utube video to assist.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove".
Mark F
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby warnabrother » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 9:35 am

If no luck trying to fix it yourself using the technique above, Remote Repairs in Melbourne will be able to supply and fit a new zip for you..
They're an excellent company to deal with and do great work..

http://remoterepairs.com.au/
warnabrother
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Equipment