Bridgedale socks

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Bridgedale socks

Postby sarge » Wed 05 Dec, 2007 12:16 pm

Anyone wear them? Are the worth the (high) cost?
sarge
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Re: Bridgedale socks

Postby tasadam » Wed 05 Dec, 2007 1:03 pm

Don't know of them, but they have an impressive web site.
I walk with two pairs of explorer socks. A knee high pair against the skin, then a normal length pair over that.
Something I have just realized - it's the same long pair I've had for more than 15 years - and they are still fine.
My feet are fairly stuffed anyway, so I doubt some expensive socks would help me in any way. What are they worth anyway?

On the subject of expensive socks, some people have been talking fairly highly of the socks that have the copper in them to stop the stink, but that's one problem I have never had so I don't need them either... So I also don't know what they're like for comfort.
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac
Region: Tasmania

Postby sarge » Wed 05 Dec, 2007 3:01 pm

They range from $35 -$45 a pair. I saw them in several outdoor shops on the weekend and they also seem to be very popular in the States.
sarge
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby flyfisher » Wed 05 Dec, 2007 9:29 pm

I have used Wigwam sox which would be similar quality.
Their merino versions are the best I have tried and are almost totally blister and odour free. ($30 -$40)
Cheers
John
If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you need to drink more.
flyfisher
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: landrover owners club of tasmania
Region: Tasmania

Return to Equipment