EXPED Aries Mesh Tent Problem

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

EXPED Aries Mesh Tent Problem

Postby kanangra » Tue 30 Jan, 2018 4:41 pm

The inner of this tent is held onto the outer shell at several points by clips that are anchored to the shell by adhesive strips. The strips on mine have failed at their first use with the result that the inner has collapsed into the tent and can't be reattached. The obvious thing to do is take it back but I bought it 5 years ago probably on an impulse. :oops: I have kept it all that time unused waiting to give it to my grandson for his birthday.

Has anyone here had the same problem and have any suggestion as to how it can be fixed?

It is a terrible piece of design really and i thought Exped made good gear?

K :(
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: EXPED Aries Mesh Tent Problem

Postby Nuts » Tue 30 Jan, 2018 7:30 pm

.. so the clip is glued flat to the inner and another attachment point glued flat to the fly.. rather than a sewn tag or sewn pole sleeve ie pulling horizontally not vertically on the join?

They were PU coated polyester?? you should be able to tape the clips back on or you could cut some fabric into strips and use seamgrip etc.to replace the tape..
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Re: EXPED Aries Mesh Tent Problem

Postby kanangra » Wed 31 Jan, 2018 8:52 am

Yes you have it exactly. That is how it was designed.

K
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to Equipment