Desktop version
Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.

Forum rules

TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.
Post a reply

Pouch for Garmin inReach?

Tue 13 Feb, 2018 9:20 pm

I scratched the screen on my inReach the very first week of owning it ... so I'm going to need to stick it in a protective pouch or something rather than blowing in the wind.

(it's also convinced me I should also carry my PLB buried deep in my pack in case I go for another tumble which would smash the inReach to pieces)

I've got plenty of pouches that'll do in a pinch but if there's something really suitable I'd like to know about it.

Re: Pouch for Garmin inReach?

Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:33 pm

I would just buy a cheap screen protector and cut it to size. The screen is recessed so it stays put - I have done this for mine. I bought one from a cheap shop for a few bucks ...

Wed 14 Feb, 2018 6:15 am

https://www.amazon.com/TUSITA-Protector ... EGZAH5NF5C

Wed 14 Feb, 2018 9:32 am

NathanaelB wrote:(it's also convinced me I should also carry my PLB buried deep in my pack in case I go for another tumble which would smash the inReach to pieces).

Not a good idea if you take a tumble and can't reach/retrieve it from your pack.

Wed 14 Feb, 2018 3:15 pm

My concern too, just carrying it in a clear zip lock at the moment at the top and on the right side of my R'sack for easy access. The best solution I reckon is the screen protector and zip-lock. That Amazon thing looks very good but perhaps overkill? Still deciding.....

Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:15 am

So I ended up getting a guy on Etsy to make me a pouch:

pouch_1.jpg

pouch_2.jpg
Post a reply