K-Mart and LW/UL clothing

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

K-Mart and LW/UL clothing

Postby Moondog55 » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 1:32 pm

I was there purchasing a Swiss ball today and walked though the Fitness clothing section.
I bought 2 mesh T-shirts for $5- each, but nothing else was large enough to fit with ease
If you need winter underwear for the white season and were unsure if you would ever commit to better known brands I suggest you take a walk though and check out what they have. Very good mesh T-shirts for first layer, good crew neck polyester long sleeves for the next layer, a similar layer in a full length zip and mock turtle neck and a very LW full zip windproof with hood for the torso
You would have a reasonable torso outfit for the warmer days for less than $55- providing you were not built bigger than an XL. Add a cheap fleece and a Uniqlo UL down and a LW storm parka and I think you would be OK.
The state of the art speeds up, all this clothing would really have been at the very cutting edge less than 5 years ago. 'No DWR on anything naturally but I would not really worry about it either at this price point and garment weight
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: K-Mart and LW/UL clothing

Postby Lamont » Sun 04 Mar, 2018 2:30 pm

Thanks!
Lamont
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: https://www.againstmalaria.com/
Region: Other Country

Postby Moondog55 » Tue 06 Mar, 2018 7:22 am

I wore the T-shirts for a full day and yesterday I went back and purchased 3 more, my old Nike Dri-Fit will be retired now to the pajama drawer.
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby Neo » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 8:53 pm

Am hoping the long sleeve version of those mesh t-shirts comes around again. Found one up behind tops in a different fabric.
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Ms_Mudd » Sat 31 Mar, 2018 1:22 pm

Sounds like you nabbed some bargains!

I bought a 3 pack of Kmart seamless womens underwear in a quick dry material for $12 as at the time I couldn't afford fancy pants (pun intended) merino underwear. They were comfy and did the job. I finally did get the funds together at Christmas and bought 3x pairs of Icebreakers which cost over $100 with postage :shock:
Honestly, the Kmart undies are SO much better. They are comfier, dry quicker and lack the butt-chafing seams that the icebreakers have. I have since stocked up on the Kmart undies.
Ms_Mudd
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment