Do You Use a Tent Footprint/Ground-Sheet? Any Regrets?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: Do You Use a Tent Footprint/Ground-Sheet? Any Regrets?

Postby markg » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 8:41 pm

Both my Hbergs have them, little more protection doesn't hurt. Put it on once and that's it.
markg
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby andrewa » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 9:15 pm

So, would you use 2 condoms too?

Sorry....couldn't resist!

A
andrewa
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: None
Region: Victoria

Postby redbruce » Fri 30 Dec, 2016 10:45 am

Johnnie Walker wrote:I've used the footprint for my tent on every trip. Replacing the footprint is a lot easier and cheaper then replacing the base of the tent and a footprint is easier to clean / keeps the tent clean.
My footprint is 180 grams, doesn't really bother me. My pack is always around the 15 kg, if 180 grams is going to be a a show stopper I'll lose some weight myself ;-)

My thoughts, and actions also.
redbruce
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Previous

Return to Equipment