Leak at goretex seam

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Leak at goretex seam

Postby Huntsman247 » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 11:49 am

I've got a pair of Goretex boots and I've recently discovered why occasionally I get damp feet.
The way the boot is constructed water comes in between the tongue of the boot and the leather and finds its way between the goretex and the sole stitching. Seems its not glued there. See pic.
I'm want to make up some seam sealer and basically impregnate the sole carefully and a touch up the goretex.
Before I do this, Can anyone foresee any problems or a better idea?
This is a double shanked boot so there is not much flex in the sole.

Cheers for your thoughts.
Attachments
DSC_00021.jpg
Huntsman247
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment