Thin UHMWPE sheets Try Rays

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Thin UHMWPE sheets Try Rays

Postby Moondog55 » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 2:00 pm

Rays have Snow magic carpet sheets on clearance at $2.44 each
While the "Rules" say you can't use these inside resorts which is why they are so cheap I think they will make a great way of dragging gear over snow.
To counter the sideways slip issue any flat sheet has I am going to add small skegs at the back using 25mm aluminium angle.
My mates in the USA and Canada make proper winter sleds from this material up to 3 & 4 metres long
These are about 459mm * 1200mm long including the grab handles
I bought 4 sheets so a sled about 450mm * 3300 allowing for overlap if I make a long one but on its own just a handy size to drag a rucksack or a tub of firewood or shopping
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment