burn gel vs water

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

burn gel vs water

Postby wildwanderer » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 2:42 pm

I tend to give myself minor burns every so often when using the campstove. Usually because I'm impatient for a coffee or need to stir my simmering food and I reach for the mug/pot before the handle has cooled.

When it happens I just stick my finger in a container of cool water. Usually does the trick and the burn is no longer painful after about 1/2 hour.

But I'm wondering if packing burn gel would be more effective? Whats other's experience with the gel? Work substantially better than water?
wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: burn gel vs water

Postby Moondog55 » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 2:53 pm

Burn gel contains a local anaesthetic Just takes away the sting.
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment