Sleeping bag similar to Roman Gemini (double/single/twin)?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Sleeping bag similar to Roman Gemini (double/single/twin)?

Postby ornitorinca » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 8:51 am

I used to have a Roman Gemini sleeping bag which I think I originally found via it being recommended on this forum.

It was rectangle (not cocoon/mummy shaped) and could be used as a double sleeping bag, two singles or an extra warm single.

I no longer have this sleeping bag and looking online I can't seen to find it being sold anywhere anymore.

I'd love to know if there is a similar sleeping bag that can be converted into the double/twin/single bags?
(It's more for car camping so weight and size are not too much of an issue.)

Thanks if anyone has any suggestions! :)
ornitorinca
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: Sleeping bag similar to Roman Gemini (double/single/twin

Postby Lizzy » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 2:16 pm

I think the Roman Passport & Palm bags can be zipped together if you buy a LH zip and RH zip
https://www.snowys.com.au/palm-passport ... MtEALw_wcB
Lizzy
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Strider » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 3:01 pm

Macpac Escapade?
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Moondog55 » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 8:20 am

I've seen this bag from somebody else but where eludes me at the moment, it is similar to the big bag from Stevensons Warmlite; FairyDown used to do a version for the NZ Antarctic Survey.
You have a LW summer bag coupled to a shoulder season bag and can flip it over to give the top layer warmth you need but also it could be an Antarctic rated winter bag by using the LW bag inside the warmer for a winter solo bag. Cheaper versions are synthetic, warmer and lighter are down but the best versions are probably those with a LW synthetic outer/larger bag and a down inner. Name of the other maker still eludes me Sorry
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Equipment