Cheapest // Best value mattress pump

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Cheapest // Best value mattress pump

Postby Moondog55 » Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:04 am

Mainly for car camping as the new mats are simply huge and I am getting lazy.
The side benefit being no germs and moisture inside the foam of the new and very expensive sleeping mats.
Too lazy this AM to do my own reading and the last post on this subject is now old and out of date I am sure
Wondering if it time to buy a new 12V tyre pump anyway for the new car and it may be able to do double duty with an adapter
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Cheapest // Best value mattress pump

Postby bernieq » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 4:12 pm

12V pumps don't have the displacement to inflate a big mat efficiently (ie takes ages)

make your own, just use a bigger inflation bag : http://bushwalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=21748&hilit=+bag

We are responsible for the health of the planet - not it for ours
bernieq
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Re: Cheapest // Best value mattress pump

Postby Moondog55 » Sun 03 Jun, 2018 4:22 pm

Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii