DWR Refresh

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

DWR Refresh

Postby Moondog55 » Sun 15 Jul, 2018 1:49 pm

I was going to give my old FairyDown Plateau a coat of diluted silicon before taking it and myself back to Falls Creek on Wednesday; but after erecting it and giving it a good look over all I am going to do is Nikwax Solarproof.
The original urethane coating is still in very good condition, it is the factory seam sealing that is starting to come off. My hard work in nearly always using it with a third skin fly sheet has really paid off in terms of longevity; a shame K-Mart no longer sell those cheap rectangular tarps as they were a perfect size. Question; as the factory seal sealer has started to come off but is secure in parts should I try and remove it now and seal all the stitch lines with silicon?
OR
Should I wait until it all comes off easily ?
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment