Microspikes Slipping Off

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Microspikes Slipping Off

Postby cams » Fri 03 Aug, 2018 10:57 am

Has anyone else had any issues with their microspikes slipping sideways off their boots at the front constantly? They worked well on my last pair of boots, but on my current Salewa's they just slip off all the time. Basically unusable. I think it's because the boots have a pointier front or because of the "climbing edge" bit at the front of the sole that is a flat section without any lugs to help keep the spikes in place. I'm not sure whether getting a bigger or smaller size would solve the issue. My other option is to try and gerry rig something with zip ties or something else to keep them in place I guess.
cams
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Return to Equipment