Backpack plastic clip spare part

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Backpack plastic clip spare part

Postby gbagua » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 1:53 pm

I use a Deuter Trans Alpine 30. One of the thin plastic clip that keeps one of the belt straps nice and tight has snapped.

See pic:

https://ibb.co/cGsbNz

I sent Deuter an email asking if they supplied this spare part. No response so far. I am tired of waiting and certainly so t purchase a new pack because of a small piece of plastic now missing.

Maybe there is some other source which stocks it os something similar.

Any idea?
gbagua
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Queensland

Re: Backpack plastic clip spare part

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 2:32 pm

Not exactly the same but Aliexpress has many of these 'little things'.
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... ing+keeper
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby gbagua » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 7:46 pm

Nice! Thanks. I never purchased anything before on that site. Any extra requirements apart from registering? I hope they have PayPal.
gbagua

Region: Queensland

Postby wildwanderer » Tue 04 Sep, 2018 8:29 pm

gbagua wrote:Nice! Thanks. I never purchased anything before on that site. Any extra requirements apart from registering? I hope they have PayPal.

Look for their new user coupons! there are coupons galore on ali.. helps reduce the price. Also check the shipping time before ordering
wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby CasualNerd » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 12:12 am

No Paypal. Potentially very slow delivery. But huge range and great prices. A lot of stuff arrives within a few weeks now.
CasualNerd
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby GPSGuided » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:48 am

No PayPal as said earlier. AliExpress is owned by Alibaba group and is their international language version of Taobao, so fully dependable. You can pay by CC or set up an account with AliPay (similar to PayPal) and pay through that. In choosing, check out individual vendor’s price, feedback and postage, varies and most have free postage. Here in Sydney, items typically arrive in 2-3 weeks. Out of 60-70 purchases, had one item stuck in Aust Post/customs for 8 weeks. So it’s quite dependable.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Equipment