Waterproof bags...that won't leak!

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Waterproof bags...that won't leak!

Postby gbagua » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 6:21 pm

I have already a dry bag but I need a zip lock style of bag to keep car keys, phone and wallet dry with the assurance the thing won't leak. Recently I met someone in a hike that had one of those bags which looked great, a bit like a toiletry bag feel but clearly made for people into canyoning/kayaking. It was very solid, with a tough zip system and highly foldable. I made the mistake of not asking where they purchased the bag from; now I'm having trouble finding one like that (or a similar one).

Any personal recommendations?
gbagua
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Queensland

Re: Waterproof bags...that won't leak!

Postby Moondog55 » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 8:37 pm

Ortlieb have or had a small roll-top bag that might be what you are after.
Possibly something like this?
https://www.ortlieb.com/us/safe-it
https://www.ortlieb.com/us/dry-bag-ps10
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby lseries92 » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 9:39 pm

Maybe try Exped? - they have zip bags that loo like toiletry bags although they are not waterproof (they are weatherproof). I have one of their zip seal bags which have a combination of a zip and beefy ziploc style closure instead of a roll top. They are built for phones and tablets though and are probably not suited for phone, keys and wallet though.

I also have an old style AquaPac (before they redesigned the strap attachments which were a step backwards) - it is great for throwing a (small) camera, phone, keys and whatever else small you have. Rather than a zip lock, the closure is a clamp style that prevents you from closing it incorrectly and is very watertight. It is not something I take hiking though although I use it for canyoning or kayaking etc.

Another option is something from Overboard.com.au - they have a fairly wide range of waterproof items including fanny/belt packs which may do what you want.
lseries92
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Postby Huntsman247 » Tue 20 Nov, 2018 7:33 am

S2S ones are pretty trustworthy. I've never had a leak.
Huntsman247

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment