Review of Rechargeable Headlamps

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Review of Rechargeable Headlamps

Postby Aushiker » Wed 24 Jun, 2020 10:48 am

A review of rechargeable headlamps has been published at Trailnamebackstroke. It may be of interest.

Andrew
Aushiker
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Western Australia

Re: Review of Rechargeable Headlamps

Postby ggorgeman » Wed 24 Jun, 2020 11:46 am

I use the LED LENSER MH6 which is rechargeable. Not sure if it's specs are in the same league as these but they're readily available at the likes of BCF and Anaconda. I've had a good run with mine and love the fact that its not chewing through AAA's etc. Note that the rechargeable battery in the MH6 is the size of 2 or 3 AAA's so it is possible to run it on AAA's instead of the rechargeable. I guess if you're unable to recharge and have some AAA's on hand. From memory the MH6 costs aroound A$90-110.
ggorgeman
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment