Women's hiking pants

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Women's hiking pants

Postby Staceykate » Thu 16 Jul, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi,

After recommendations on women's hiking pants. I'm pretty sure I'm after full length ones that can become 3/4 length and also zip to shorts... my body has trouble regulating tempature so I get hot and cold quickly (not menopause... I'm only 30 :p )

Pretty sure I will need a bet as my hip - to waist ratio has meant anything that fits loose enough in the legs to feel comfortable rock scrambling etc has been at least 5cm too big in the waist, if not more.

If anyone has used any that they like please let me know :)

Thanks and Happy Lockdown to all the other Melbournites... we can continue dreaming of our adventures :(
Staceykate
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Re: Women's hiking pants

Postby matagi » Thu 16 Jul, 2020 5:15 pm

I use Columbia pants with the zip off legs for day hiking but for multiday hikes my go to outfit is Icebreaker merino shorts (elastic waist) with thin merino leggings underneath as needed.
This makes me the first man to climb Mount Everest backwards, without oxygen...or even a jumper.
matagi
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Postby Staceykate » Thu 16 Jul, 2020 5:56 pm

Thanks! I'm thinking multi -day as well as day hikes.... I love merino tops but I hate the scratches etc from the bush that I get from wearing leggings so looking for something more robust. Although I live in my icebreaker leggings at home !

I'll have a look at the Columbia ones - where did you get them from?
Staceykate
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby matagi » Thu 16 Jul, 2020 7:28 pm

Staceykate wrote:Thanks! I'm thinking multi -day as well as day hikes.... I love merino tops but I hate the scratches etc from the bush that I get from wearing leggings so looking for something more robust. Although I live in my icebreaker leggings at home !

I'll have a look at the Columbia ones - where did you get them from?

One pair (Silver Ridge) I got from the Columbia store but that was a few years ago now and my other pair was from someone on this forum. A quick Google shows they are still current on the Columbia website.
This makes me the first man to climb Mount Everest backwards, without oxygen...or even a jumper.
matagi

Postby Staceykate » Sun 19 Jul, 2020 6:38 pm

Thanks! I'd need to try them on as I'm a wierd shape so I'll do some googling and see if any local stores have them :)
Staceykate
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby north-north-west » Sun 19 Jul, 2020 7:37 pm

Depends what you mean by "weird shape", but Mont make very good pants for women who don't have model proportions. There's enough room in them for real bums and thighs. The Lifestyle are a zip-off style and have lots of lovely pockets.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous

Return to Equipment