Vintage Stoves

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: Vintage Stoves

Postby ofuros » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 4:50 pm

Retro is back.....nice pics guys. 8)
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby ofuros » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 4:59 pm

Moondog55 wrote:Worst thing about the SVEA was and is the aluminium cup. Substituting a decent SS or Titanium cup would be a very practical modification
Somewhere in the shed I have both a SVEA cup and an original MSR cup, both simply awful to use but served to protect the stoves business end

If you ever find your long lost Svea, Moondog55...the GSI Minimalist will fit the Svea like a glove. :wink:
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby DarrenM » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 8:43 pm

My Grandfathers lightweight (cast iron) stove. I haven't tried it out yet.

DarrenM
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Previous

Return to Equipment