40 Below overboots

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

40 Below overboots

Postby Moondog55 » Thu 26 Oct, 2023 12:44 pm

Anybody here own and use them for snowshoes or skiing?
I'm maybe doing that one last white season and I need new boots and much warmer boots
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: 40 Below overboots

Postby slparker » Fri 27 Oct, 2023 11:18 am

My feet have never got cold whilst actively skiing or snowshoeing - only when standing around for hours at the biathlon range.

IMO, if your feet feel the cold whilst skiing and snowshoeing, a VBL is probably a better option for one last season unless you have a burning desire for the purchase of new boots.

For the hut/tent I use down hut slippers from macpac and find them excellent - they do double duty in the house on the tiled floor in winter..
slparker
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: 40 Below overboots

Postby Moondog55 » Fri 27 Oct, 2023 4:43 pm

I can't squeeze into my old boots. Podiatrist on Monday to have my feet measured again by a professional. Even my size 47s are tight now.
My arches seem to have fallen a lot, supports may help if I can afford them.
My WM Expedition down booties are too small now and I may have to move them on, I was thinking I may be able to glue a semi rigid sole to the neoprene for camp use over a pair of LW runners.
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment