Winter sleeping pads Wide ones

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Winter sleeping pads Wide ones

Postby Moondog55 » Sat 06 Apr, 2024 9:54 am

Being all for warmth and comfort when sleeping on snow I've been moaning about Thermarest not making a short wide RidgeRest.
I was web surfing last week and found the new wide folding mat from Exped
https://www.bogong.com.au/exped-flexmat-lw.html
I'll be cutting it in half to use as a warmth booster under my bum and hip and using it in combination with my Comfort plus and a CCF.
The main and perhaps only reason for doing so is reducing the bulk of my sleeping system, I may be willing to share the excess with another snow camper who needs a wide pad.
The Exped are the same width as the British army CCF pads, just a tad wider then the RidgeRest XL
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Winter sleeping pads Wide ones

Postby markg » Wed 10 Apr, 2024 11:41 pm

Great to put under the Exped downmat 9LW. Damn the weight, you need a good nights sleep in the cold, never leave home without it.
markg
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Winter sleeping pads Wide ones

Postby Kott » Thu 11 Apr, 2024 2:59 pm

I'm also looking at getting a new pad/mat to replace my old Xlite. I'm thinking again getting the new one but not sure if I should get the wide and long instead of just the long one? Any one made the move?
Kott
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment