Terra Nova Laser Competition

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: Terra Nova Laser Competition

Postby Nuts » Mon 24 Oct, 2011 10:39 am

That would be great. I'm not sure p/h's image looks familiar but if it is the TT track I don't think they mind, just see people come and ask here now and then so... would be great! :wink:
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Terra Nova Laser Competition

Postby bmskoh » Tue 06 Mar, 2018 1:37 pm

I have purchased a newer version of Laser comp 1 and I thought it should be worth posting some info for anyone who is interested.

Now it has a small triangle vent at each end. And the short end poles are inserted from outside.
20180128_081251 (Custom).jpg

They can be closed from inside if you want.
20180128_080222 (Custom).jpg

I don't have experience with the older version so I can't compare it with older version which didn't have vents but I believe those vents help reducing condensation.
After a very still night at a lakeside, condensation formed but it was not really too bad.
DSCN8608 (Custom).JPG

DSCN8611 (Custom).JPG

Also now it's quite easy to detach inner from fly. Inner is attached by a small buckle and a hook on each end.
20180126_093729 (Custom).jpg

20180126_093731 (Custom).jpg

Overall I'm happy with the tent even though one section of the main pole was slightly bent after a windy night. Terra nova is not selling replacement pole section so I ordered a 9mm Easton pole from Tent pole technologies. Hopefully it will make the tent stronger :wink:
bmskoh
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Previous

Return to Equipment