Toilet Paper Protection

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Toilet Paper Protection

Postby johnw » Wed 23 Apr, 2008 1:31 am

frank_in_oz wrote:I noticed on a US site, Sea to Summit was also spruking these http://www.seatosummit.com.au/showdetail.php?Code=AOH - a water proof , toilet paper dispenser.......

corvus wrote:Ever seen the distressed walkers who carry the conventional dunny roll that got wet :( , for anyone interested I carry individual pre packed facial tissues super soft 4 ply 9 to a pack which if you are creative gives you 18 wipes :) distribute several pkts throughout your Backpac therefore avoiding the dreaded wet dunny experience :P and no need to purchase a waterproof container :wink:

I usually carry 2 or 3 of those small tissue pkts in my daypack, just in case :wink: .
For overnight walks or longer I've found that putting a normal sized roll in a cliplock plastic bag works well.

Kind regards,
John W
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Toilet Paper Protection

Postby frank_in_oz » Wed 23 Apr, 2008 9:04 am

Moved to a new thread.....dunny paper rules!
Depending on the trip duration and the number of dried curries I plan to take, a scientific calculation of sheet numbers, density and quality of the paper occurs. Then a full, 3/4 or half roll is safely stored in a "zip loc" bag. Cheap, light and usually waterproof.
Frank
Check out "Our Hiking Blog" Overland Track guide, Food to Go-recipe ideas and Trekking to Everest Base Camp.
frank_in_oz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby norts » Wed 23 Apr, 2008 9:12 am

I keep my TP in 2 different bags, just in case something happens to one bag, there will always be some extra down the bottom of my pack. I have had to give Tp to walkers at times when they couldn't find theirs or they had thought their partner had brought it.
I don't like to have to resort to leaves and bark.
I find a bread bag works really well to keep it dry.

Roger
norts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby jay590 » Wed 23 Apr, 2008 2:37 pm

i just pull out the cardboard roll from the centre of it so it squishes down more and then put it in a ziplock bag.

Jay
jay590
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Equipment