Macpac Cascade Frames help

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Macpac Cascade Frames help

Postby dunamis » Sat 11 Jun, 2011 4:44 pm

Hey all, I've purchased new shoulder straps for my macpac cascade, but can't work out how to slide the stays out, so I can can get them through the frame guides on the new straps. Help!!
dunamis
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Macpac Cascade Frames help

Postby Marwood » Sat 11 Jun, 2011 5:28 pm

Which model? One of the older ones? I've got one of the older Esprits, and if your Cascade is similar, you kind of roll up the horizontal stay just inside the top of the pack and that reveals the tops of the vertical stays that you need to pull out.

On the new Cascades, the vertical stays are in a similar place under a velcroed flap.
Come on lads, let's get home. The sky's beginning to bruise, night must fall, and we shall be forced to camp.
Marwood
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Re: Macpac Cascade Frames help

Postby dunamis » Sat 11 Jun, 2011 6:26 pm

Hey marwood, yep it's the older one. I managed to roll the horizontal stay up a bit while getting a mate to reef on the stays to flex them and pulled them out. Cheers, JC
dunamis
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to Equipment