Hot drinks.

Food topics, including recipes.

Re: Hot drinks.

Postby kaite » Wed 17 Apr, 2013 7:11 pm

Vanilla Sustagen makes a pleasant milk powder alternative in hot chocolate or oaty breakfasts.
kaite
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Queensland

Postby ryantmalone » Fri 19 Apr, 2013 8:49 pm

wolfy wrote:I usually drink black tea as that seems to be the easiest when on the track. I would love to have a coffee ( instant is OK) and especially a hot chocolate, but what about the milk. I recently tried full cream milk powder and I thought it was terrible. Is there and answer or do I just stick to black tea.
Cheers, Wolfy

I've always used milk powder, but do find that if you get cheap and nasty milk powder, its going to taste terrible every time.

There are some milk powders, if mixed, that taste no different to the full cream milk that you get in the supermarkets. Just need to test a few and pick whats best.

As for other alternatives, the sachets can be good, but take up more space than standard coffee. You can also try the tubes of condensed milk and coffee by Nestle. They taste fairly good (for what they are), but if you're a heavy coffee drinker (like I am), then a tube wont last long at all.
ryantmalone
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Postby Strider » Fri 19 Apr, 2013 9:05 pm

ryantmalone wrote:Just need to test a few and pick whats best.

The problem here is that Woolies and Coles only sell milk powder in 1kg bags these days!
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby roodeny101 » Tue 23 Apr, 2013 1:18 am

I like Nescafe Vanilla Latte cafe menu sachets 10 to a box and they don't need milk ( sugar as required ) . For chocolate i have been trying Paul's chocolate powder just add water hot or cold 5 teaspoons , just the thing when you are caffeine ed out need need something different . For soup it's HEINZ squeeze and stir big red sachets . It's all in the flavor . :D
roodeny101
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Previous

Return to Bush Tucker