Squeeze and Stir does even better?????

Food topics, including recipes.

Squeeze and Stir does even better?????

Postby neilmny » Sat 11 May, 2013 11:35 am

Is it carrying a heavy pack that makes things taste good or do they taste good :?
After carting our packs up Mt Stirling yesterday a quick pasta cook up was in order for lunch.
It was Macoroni and a tube of Heinz Squeeze Stir Minestrone. It was really tastey and hit the spot nicely.
Basically cooked the Macoroni for 8 minutes then tipped all but about a cup of water out, squeezed in the
Minestrone soup, stirred for a bit then reheated without boiling and it was good.......or maybe refer to line
one of this post.....you be the judge :wink:
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Squeeze and Stir does even better?????

Postby Orion » Sat 11 May, 2013 12:59 pm

It's the heavy pack.

I almost always get weird and strange food cravings when walking. Often it's some variation on hot dogs and beans, something I never eat.
Orion
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Other Country

Re: Squeeze and Stir does even better?????

Postby Onestepmore » Fri 21 Jun, 2013 9:47 pm

I would never eat macaroni and something called Heinz Squeeze at home, but bushwalking I'll eat anthything, and it'll tastse good! I confess when walking I kind of like the carbonara pasta things in the foil bags, but at home wouldn't be caught dead serving that up to anyone.

Must be the pack thing
We can learn a lot from crayons. They come in different shapes and colours, but they all have to live in the same box
Onestepmore
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to Bush Tucker