Food Bars

Food topics, including recipes.

Food Bars

Postby corvus » Sat 05 Apr, 2008 6:42 pm

I am always looking for interesting and nutritious Food Bars and have come across the "Be Natural" products ,the only one I have tried at this stage was the" Nut Bars" 4 to a pack and not cheap however in my opinion they are perfect , delicious and nutritious and the box they come in is made from 100% recycled material which in turn can be recycled.
Available at you local SM at around $1.25 per bar but worth it , do try :)
collige virgo rosas
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Region: Tasmania

Re: Food Bars

Postby Speculator » Sun 06 Apr, 2008 1:15 pm

corvus wrote:I am always looking for interesting and nutritious Food Bars and have come across the "Be Natural" products ,the only one I have tried at this stage was the" Nut Bars" 4 to a pack and not cheap however in my opinion they are perfect , delicious and nutritious and the box they come in is made from 100% recycled material which in turn can be recycled.
Available at you local SM at around $1.25 per bar but worth it , do try :)

I've looked at these before and wondered about them. I'll be sure to give them a try sometime.

Some brand that I can't remember right now makes what they call a "Meal Bar". I've carried them before. They seem to give great value for their size, they're quite filling for something that's no bigger than two muesli bars (which is essentially what they are).

L8r.
---
Peak bagging points: 10. Peak bagging bagging points: 10000.
Speculator
Optimus Imago
Optimus Imago

Region: Tasmania

Postby sarge » Tue 08 Apr, 2008 4:53 pm

We sometimes eat the high protein bars you get from health food shops for body builders. They are quite expensive at around $5 each but are amazingly filling. for multi day hikes I pack a few (literally in our first aid kit!)for emergencies i.e. in case stove decides to stop working - which hasn't happened yet touch wood!.
sarge
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby ben.h » Fri 16 May, 2008 9:42 pm

Being a mountain biker, I'm a big fan of food bars :) I always look for bars that pack the most Kilojoules and the "Be Natural" bars (both muesli and nut) are pretty good. For bang for buck (high kj) try "Nice and Natural - Coffee Break Espresso Bar" and "Power Bar" (similar to what sarge mentioned earlier). For drinks "Gatorade powder mix" and "Power Bar Chocolate Powder". Yummo!
ben.h
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Bush Tucker