Memory map

For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.

Memory map

Postby Robbo » Thu 26 Feb, 2009 3:17 pm

Hello All

Is it possible to print out a map from Memory-map topo with a legend included on it? It is not immediately obvious to us how to do this. I have registered at their forum and am waiting for confirmation, so wondered if there was anyone on this list who knew about this?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

Cheers

TR
"The place between your comfort zone and your dream is where your life takes place." Nick Vujicic.
Robbo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Gilson College
Region: Victoria

Re: Memory map

Postby Tassyexplorer » Wed 13 May, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi Robbo. I am not sure what you mean by legend included on it. I use the Memory mapping system in my Hema Navigator GPS. I live in Tasmania and explore around the state looking for older mine and heritage sites. I have the 1:25,000 topo map of Tasmania in the GPS and on my computer. I have used these maps since last October a number of times now. I mainly use them in the 4wd and walking also. It records the trip very well and I have needed to print out the route or track a number of times now. It all works well even if it can only fit a print out on an A4 size paper. Printing on photo paper it can really look great with the contours shaded and you can picture the hills and valleys when looking at the map.(that can put you off as it can be steep at times). Maybe if you need to know the ledgend you could scan it from a paper version of any topo of Australia. It is good to hear from someone eles using the Memory Map format From Tassyexplorer
Tassyexplorer
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Memory map

Postby Robbo » Fri 15 May, 2009 9:55 pm

Tassyexplorer wrote:I am not sure what you mean by legend included on it.

Thanks for the query and comments. I simply wanted to include a legend on the map before I printed it out - bit like a preprinted map but editable I guess.

I received a reply form the forum stating it wasn't possible at this time...

TR
"The place between your comfort zone and your dream is where your life takes place." Nick Vujicic.
Robbo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Gilson College
Region: Victoria

Return to Techno-Babble