VMS avnc3000 (M11)

For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.

VMS avnc3000 (M11)

Postby Nuts » Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:04 pm

Does anyone have one of these units. They are supposedly the best in car navigator for Oz (developed/made? here). Just wondering if anyone has one locally and any experiences with TJM in Hobart (the dealer) re: this unit?
Also wondering about the audio/cd/dvd quality. Have heard they are the best 'all-rounder' ?

http://www.vms4x4.com/avnc_avnc_product_overview.html
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Re: VMS avnc3000 (M11)

Postby tastrax » Mon 27 Apr, 2009 6:01 pm

I am not sure what they are like but I have always had good service from GPSOZ. I see they also have the units and a few links to a forum etc. Maybe its worth lurking there for a while or at least checking out what others are saying

http://www.gpsoz.com.au/vms/vms_avnc.htm
Cheers - Phil

OSM Mapper
tastrax
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: RETIRED! - Parks and Wildlife Service

Postby Nuts » Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:05 pm

Thanks for that tastrax, Iv'e read thru there and was impressed with some of the comments. Was just trying to find someone who had one of those particular units here? had one fitted locally? Impressions of the unit's other features (as well as topo mapping)? Cheers
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby craig » Sun 17 May, 2009 9:59 pm

I notice this post was last month and haven been looking on this site much but yes i do have one of these units in a 100 series l/cruiser , very good unit all round the only thing that dosn;t work is the tv. after calling vms they told me they have stopped putting the tv in these as the signal was no good unless the car was perfectly still . As for tjm in Hobart .. give me a reply if u want more info
craig
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby Nuts » Tue 18 Aug, 2009 11:07 am

craig wrote:I notice this post was last month and haven been looking on this site much but yes i do have one of these units in a 100 series l/cruiser , very good unit all round the only thing that dosn;t work is the tv. after calling vms they told me they have stopped putting the tv in these as the signal was no good unless the car was perfectly still . As for tjm in Hobart .. give me a reply if u want more info

Thanks Craig, sorry I missed this. I went with another a/v unit. Had since heard good things about the GPS capability of VMS but decided to go for quality in the a/v and screen and separate the GPS. Thanks for that. I bought a 'media unit' ie. no disc drive just direct connect of externals (eg flash drive, mp3, phone). I'm interested in iphone (as the unit has full sync with iphone/ipod for movies), apparently it will charge as it runs. Keeping an eye on the other thread for (useful) info. it seems that it may be better to hold off as long as possible atm. :wink:

May still end up with the separate VMS screen if the iphone isnt all that much use. Some of the ipods perhaps have better mp3/visual capability/capacity? Still Learning...
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Techno-Babble