Garmin BirdsEye queuing downloads

For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.

Garmin BirdsEye queuing downloads

Postby jasrockett » Mon 12 Sep, 2016 12:22 am

Is it possible to queue up a few areas at a time to download using Garmins BirdsEye satellite images.
I've read somewhere that it is but I can't see how to do it.

I've just bought a 64s and loaded it with Contour Australia 5m overlay, consisting of 668 sections totaling 2GB in size. I've also added 30 Birdseye images, each consisting of 15,000 tiles at 232MB which is the maximum download size. It takes well over an hour to pull through due to Garmin throttling the internet speed to about 300Kb/s

I'm looking forward to getting out this week in the Baw Baw National Park and giving the gps a field test.
jasrockett
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Re: Garmin BirdsEye queuing downloads

Postby Stew63 » Mon 30 Jan, 2017 8:52 pm

I've just bought a Garmin Oregon 750t and am now downloading some of my complimentary 1yr Birdseye maps subscription. I've selected a section on the Main Range - but most of the satellite image is under snow and is completely white - a bit pointless really. Once the subscription runs out after 12months do you automatically lose what you've downloaded?
Stew63
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Other Country

Re: Garmin BirdsEye queuing downloads

Postby keithy » Mon 30 Jan, 2017 9:34 pm

Stew63 wrote:Once the subscription runs out after 12months do you automatically lose what you've downloaded?

Any downloaded Birdseye maps will stay on your PC, so you can use them even after your subscription runs out on the device it is licensed to.
keithy
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Other Country

Return to Techno-Babble