Accessing mountain forecasts on my phone

For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.

Accessing mountain forecasts on my phone

Postby Tortoise » Mon 22 Jan, 2018 1:45 pm

Not sure if this is the right spot or not. In the past, i've found mountain-forecast.com a very helpful website, both before (on my laptop) and during (on my phone) a walk. I use BOM, but it's not so useful for higher places, and covers too large an area to be that useful in some places. I know other sites use extrapolations from BOM data, but I find them handy. And one day I hope to be able to read weather maps for myself. Meantime, I was frustrated on the last walk that while I could get to the website, I couldn't get to the actual forecasts. If I scrolled down, it was only scrolling down the map - which kept going indefinitely. Still can't get to the actual forecast on my phone.

Does anyone know what's changed, if I can do anything about it, or have other suggestions for sites with useful mountain forecasts for Tassie? Ta muchly for any ideas.
Tortoise
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Accessing mountain forecasts on my phone

Postby bernieq » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 4:30 pm

Scroll the page, not the map.

We are responsible for the health of the planet - not it for ours
bernieq
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Re: Accessing mountain forecasts on my phone

Postby Tortoise » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 6:15 pm

:roll: :oops: Thanks, bernieq. Just in time for my next trip. Don't know why, but it used to work scrolling from below the map, but it still works if I scroll from above it - thus avoiding the most basic of mistakes. maybe my finger has got fatter!
Tortoise
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Return to Techno-Babble