PLB's and SPOT

For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.

PLB's and SPOT

Postby Taurë-rana » Thu 31 Dec, 2009 3:19 pm

Does anyone just happen to have a PLB that they can lend/hire to me next week - due to the holiday tomorrow, I would have to hire one from Service Tas today to go walking for 3 or 4 days next week which will cost me $80 because I wouldn't be able to get it back to them inside a week. Good idea of the government to hire them out, but they are only available from Hobart, Launceston, Burnie or Devonport Service Tas and Cradle Mountain. They are $40 a week or part thereof.

Re the SPOT system - I talked to Allgoods in Devonport who are listed as a supplier but haven't heard of it. They are going to look into it but probably won't be able to get a demo model in because they tend to get stuck with these things by the company involved in distributing it in Australia. They may be able to order them in though.

Taurë-rana
Peak bagging points: 170ish
Recent walks - Picton, Wylds Crag, Rogoona
Taurë-rana
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to Techno-Babble