2Gb of free storage for your photos

Cameras, tripods, techniques, etc.
Forum rules
Please note that the extended image rules for the Gallery forum also apply here.

2Gb of free storage for your photos

Postby tasadam » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 11:07 am

I have found a way for you to get 2Gb of free storage where you can host your own images, share them with friends, even link them here on the forum (or any web site). Uploading your images is as easy as drag and drop onto a folder on your computer.
If you would like to know more, email me and I will send you an invite to the free space.
tasadam [at] gmail dot com
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac
Region: Tasmania

Re: 2Gb of free storage for your photos

Postby ollster » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 11:37 am

tasadam wrote:I have found a way for you to get 2Gb of free storage where you can host your own images, share them with friends, even link them here on the forum (or any web site). Uploading your images is as easy as drag and drop onto a folder on your computer.
If you would like to know more, email me and I will send you an invite to the free space.
tasadam [at] gmail dot com

Dropbox?
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
ollster
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: LoveMyGoat.com
Region: Australia

Postby tasadam » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 12:38 pm

Yes, but if I invite you to dropbox by email, we each get an additional 250Mb of storage. And up to 8Gb for free... So I'm trying to build my available space by inviting people. I tested it and it works for linking photos in the forum, it really was easy.
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

Postby ollster » Mon 27 Sep, 2010 1:10 pm

tasadam wrote:Yes, but if I invite you to dropbox by email, we each get an additional 250Mb of storage. And up to 8Gb for free... So I'm trying to build my available space by inviting people. I tested it and it works for linking photos in the forum, it really was easy.

Nice. Been using Dropbox for a while for syncing random files between work/home machines/phone. Very handy. Sorry, I'll stick with mine, but I can confirm it's a pretty good service.
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
ollster
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: LoveMyGoat.com
Region: Australia

Postby tasadam » Thu 30 Sep, 2010 9:56 am

HERE is a link that should give you 250Mb of additional space when you join and install the Dropbox program and sign in.

I thought I would write to explain what Dropbox is and how you can use it. It’s free & useful...

Dropbox is a program that you install, it adds a folder to wherever you like, typically inside your “My Documents” folder.
Once it is there, whenever you drag things into that folder, they are also copied to an online version of that folder and can be accessed from anywhere with internet with your username (typically your email address) and a password.
If you had another computer and you sign in with the same account and install dropbox on it, the folders appear the same on both computers Updates synchronise between computers, with the latest version always being online and accessible anywhere.
If you make a folder and give it specific access, a user you specify can access just the sub-folder or files you specify. So that’s a good secure way to share specific files with people you want to.
If you upload an image to the public area in your Dropbox folder, you can use that image to add a photo to a post on a forum, by linking it.
If you use the same account on two (or more) computers, it syncs the files so you always have the latest file/s on all your computers, all your recent changes are synchronised.
And if you only ever work from 1 computer, it’s a really easy way to backup up to 2Gb of stuff...

By accepting the link I sent you and joining and installing Dropbox, you will also receive a bonus 250Mb of storage. Yes, so do I... So if you join then invite your friends, it’s a good way to build your free space (in case 2Gb is not enough).

Adam.
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

Postby tasadam » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 9:47 am

Just a bump with an update, you actually get an additional 500Mb of free space when you join dropbox from a referral.
HERE is my referral, help yourself!
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

Return to Photography