ZebraLight at Tier Gear

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

Re: ZebraLight at Tier Gear

Postby simonm » Thu 07 Jul, 2016 4:14 pm

Both the ZL are tiny compared to the Acebeam H20 that's for sure.

Just to confirm for those reading this the H52 is larger than the H502.
simonm
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: www.tiergear.com.au
Region: Tasmania

ZebraLight at Tier Gear

Postby GPSGuided » Thu 07 Jul, 2016 8:25 pm

Oops, did I get 52 and 502 reversed? Still, both are great torches.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Travis22 » Thu 07 Jul, 2016 8:27 pm

GPSGuided wrote:Thanks Simon. The size differential didn't have anything to do with your operation but thought it was a useful input here. I couldn't understand why they increased the size with the H502 given they are both AA based. In comparison, the H52 felt really neat in my hands.

Any Zebralight model without a reflector over the emitter will be smaller then its equiv in the same battery size with a reflector as the ie. 502 has enough room behind the emitter for the driver etc, so the battery can be housed closer therefor allowing for a smaller / shorter overall light. The 52 has a nice deep reflector allowing for much much greater throw then the 502 but because of the reflector there the light needs to be marginally longer to accommodate everything.

Travis.
Travis22
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Postby GPSGuided » Thu 07 Jul, 2016 11:01 pm

Thanks for the technical explanation there Travis! Yes, now I recognised the difference in the reflector design.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Sale this weekend on lights

Postby simonm » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 6:26 am

Yes thanks Travis I was hoping someone would explain that one :lol:

This weekend we are offering 15% off all our headlamps, torches and accessories - just enter code: Lights15. Sale ends Sunday night.

Have a great weekend.

http://www.tiergear.com.au/11/online-sh ... nd-torches
simonm
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: www.tiergear.com.au
Region: Tasmania

Previous

Return to Specials, Discounts, Adverts