Outdoor wear at Aldi

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

Outdoor wear at Aldi

Postby Aidan » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 8:03 pm

I haven't had a chance to have a look properly at the brochure but I did notice Aldi in WA had down vests and jackets on sale this week.

They also have a range of merino and thermals.

I have yet to have a chance to peruse WA's new Aldi stores which I took for granted when I lived in NSW, but prices often reflected good bang for buck (IMHO).
Aidan
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Western Australia

Re: Outdoor wear at Aldi

Postby Juudbruinsma » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 2:52 pm

Just saw that here in Sydney sale is on starting Saturday 9 July: https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys ... at-9-july/
Juudbruinsma
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Postby canthardlywait » Thu 07 Jul, 2016 8:41 pm

I saw they have a light weight (900g) hiking chair for $39. Tempted to buy that.
canthardlywait
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Queensland

Postby Aidan » Mon 11 Jul, 2016 7:47 pm

canthardlywait wrote:I saw they have a light weight (900g) hiking chair for $39. Tempted to buy that.

I was reading a forum somewhere, possibly on Ozbargain, the suggested the quality wasn't up to the Helinox quality.

It inferred an issue with the stitching quality and was echoed by more than one poster.

Ill go searching in a mo
Aidan
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Western Australia

Postby Gadgetgeek » Sat 16 Jul, 2016 12:53 pm

The chairs are alright, nothing flash, and won't be as durable as the upscale ones, but for price, what more would you expect? injection molded joints rather than machined alloy. fabric is not as tough, and the stitching not as well planned, but you get what you pay for.

Got one of the down vests, two days of use and its leaving feathers on everything, so probably won't last long, but for playing around town it won't do too bad.
Gadgetgeek
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Queensland

Postby GPSGuided » Sat 16 Jul, 2016 2:48 pm

Gadgetgeek wrote:Got one of the down vests, two days of use and its leaving feathers on everything...

That sounded terrible.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Tortoise » Sat 16 Jul, 2016 5:58 pm

Aldi quality must be variable.

Last winter I got an Aldi Gortex style jacket, with a removable very warm synthetic puffer jacket, for about $99. I figured maybe the puffer jacket was worth about $25, which made the rain jacket about $75. It's become my go to rain jacket, and I'm happy scrub bashing in something that's not worth mega bucks. I haven't noticed any difference in performance, other than the pit zips are a bit long. The puffer jacket lives interstate for when I'm spending time up there, so it hasn't had a lot of use yet.
Tortoise
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby hairypanic » Thu 21 Jul, 2016 8:02 am

I got the fleece jumper, never had one before, was lightweight and warm.
Perfect for our snow hike, although the conditions were really good.
For $13 it seems like a real bargin
hairypanic
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Return to Specials, Discounts, Adverts