Tasgear lightweight gaiters

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

Tasgear lightweight gaiters

Postby Scottyk » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi all
Though there was a market for decent light weight gaiters that can be worn in the bush but would suit lower cut trainers or approach shoes.
The fit is made so they sit lower on the shoe so they don't come up above shoes.
The bottoms will be 2 layers of dyneema gridstop nylon 210 denier
Uppers are a 3 layer breathable nylon.
Weight per pair is 200gm, compared to 330gm for the bomb proof Off Track version these should save a fair bit of weight on the feet whilst still being able to take a thrashing.
Have put a fabric stiffener up the back so they don't fall down even when the tops aren't done up, this should help get some are in the top.
Testing to follow in the next few weeks and then available for sale
Would love to get members thoughts on them.
Attachments
15094316_1594161954225196_7867264691790565612_n.jpg
Scottyk
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: www.tasgear.com.au
Region: Tasmania

Re: Tasgear lightweight gaiters

Postby undercling-mike » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 8:38 pm

These look great and a perfect addition to your lineup! I bet they would be popular and I'd likely go for this version if/when I'm in need of new gaiters. I wear hiking shoes and don't seem to be too rough on gaiters with what I'm normally doing so the lower fit and lighter weight would be a fair trade for a bit of durability.
undercling-mike
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Scottyk » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 9:15 pm

undercling-mike wrote:These look great and a perfect addition to your lineup! I bet they would be popular and I'd likely go for this version if/when I'm in need of new gaiters. I wear hiking shoes and don't seem to be too rough on gaiters with what I'm normally doing so the lower fit and lighter weight would be a fair trade for a bit of durability.

Thanks Mike
There will be a bit of refining as they get a bit of time in the bush, hopefully next week!
They won't last as long as the Off Track versions but if you walk on good tracks mostly then I think they should be durable enough.
Scottyk

Postby damoprz » Mon 21 Nov, 2016 3:32 pm

Looks great! Do you do any slim versions? I am really tall and skinny 189cm, 63kg and am having trouble finding gaiters that fit well.
damoprz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Postby weeds » Mon 21 Nov, 2016 4:32 pm

damoprz wrote:Looks great! Do you do any slim versions? I am really tall and skinny 189cm, 63kg and am having trouble finding gaiters that fit well.

Email Scott, pretty sure he will have a solution for you as he is helping me with a request.
weeds
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Postby Scottyk » Mon 21 Nov, 2016 8:55 pm

damoprz wrote:Looks great! Do you do any slim versions? I am really tall and skinny 189cm, 63kg and am having trouble finding gaiters that fit well.

Certainly can
I can adjust the width to suit any size as I make them. This is no extra charge.
email me at scott@tasgear.com.au
Scottyk

Postby damoprz » Wed 23 Nov, 2016 4:17 pm

Great! I might see if any of my hiking group want a pair as well and will send you an email soon. What would the price be for the lightweight gaiters?
damoprz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Postby Scottyk » Fri 25 Nov, 2016 12:39 pm

damoprz wrote:Great! I might see if any of my hiking group want a pair as well and will send you an email soon. What would the price be for the lightweight gaiters?

Will wait for the email, I am happy make some prototype models for you if you would like, they'll be bit cheaper but of course not fully tested in the bush.
The final price is yet to be determined as they are still in testing phase and may need changing.
I guess they will be in the $75-85 range but I need time to sit down and work that out.
Scottyk

Postby DanR » Fri 25 Nov, 2016 3:36 pm

These looks great. When I get a pair of trail runner and/or kill my sea2summits, I'll be looking you up as I'm also in Tas.
DanR
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Scottyk » Sun 18 Dec, 2016 1:04 pm

So the Light Weight Gaiters are available today on the website :D
Pricing came out at $75 including gst
http://www.tasgear.com.au/products/ligh ... 8775406866
I'm offering some $5 discount code for forum members who send me a private message.

For those who like to walk in low cut trainers these are the gaiters for you!
Attachments
DSCN1837.JPG
Scottyk

Return to Specials, Discounts, Adverts