Sea To Summit Comfort Plus Mattress $110

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

Sea To Summit Comfort Plus Mattress $110

Postby Hiking Noob » Sun 11 Dec, 2016 8:25 pm

I am really suprised these are taking so long to sell, I know they aren't super light but they are lighter than my leaky, bulky Katmandu POS mat and at $110 they are a bargain. I ordered one as did a mate of mine.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sea-To-Summi ... SwknJX0g5U

Sea To Summit Comfort Plus Rectangular Sleeping Mattress

Price: $110

RRP (AUD):$219.95

The Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Rectangular Mattress, with 596 Air Sprung Cells™, is one of the most sensitive and comfortable sleeping pads available. These mats are rectangular in shape, ensuring there is sleeping mat wherever you may want it.

The Comfort Plus series are formed using Dual Layer construction—two independent, offset high resolution layers. The higher resolution cell matrices allow greater sensitivity by distributing your body weight and shape over more small cells. The air sprung cells on the top and bottom layers are offset to give more uniform insulation, preventing cold spots.

The mat’s firmness can be more finely tuned with Dual Layer construction – The bottom layer is inflated firm for height, then the top layer inflated to the desired comfort level.

If either layer is punctured, the other layer will provide redundancy, keeping you off the ground and sleeping uninterrupted.

The Comfort Plus Series is available in Small, Regular and Large sizes (tapered shape), Regular Rectangular and Large Rectangular sizes, all of which are available with or without insulation.

Sea to Summit have set out to design a mat that was better than what was already available. ‘Better’ is of course a very subjective ambition: while they could have made the lightest, or the most compact mat ever designed, they ultimately went back to why we carry a sleeping mattress into the wild in the first place — to give us a better night’s sleep. Sea to Summit is really proud to present what they consider to be the most comfortable sleeping mattresses available. Happy sleeping!

FEATURES

Air Sprung Cells™ operate in the same way as a pocket spring mattress, as each cell deforms independently the mattress conforms to your body shape which feels softer and more comfortable with more body contact area and even dispersion of pressure.

Dual Layer construction uses two independent high resolution layers, giving greater sensitivity by distributing your body weight and shape over more cells. The two layers are offset for more uniform insulation and cushioning.

Extrusion TPU lamination is more durable, consistent and is vastly superior to roll-to-roll lamination, helping to prevent delamination.

All Sea to Summit sleeping mats come with a quality stuff sack sized to suit your mat, plus a small repair kit containing six self adhesive patches for repairing punctures in the field, and a spare silicone one-way valve flap.

Materials: Face Fabric: 40D Ripstop Nylon (laminated on the inside with TPU)

Internal Fabric: Lightweight 20D nylon (laminated with TPU on both surfaces)

Colour: Grey

Size Variations: Regular & Large

Mattress Thickness: 6.3cm

Equivalent R-value: 2.5

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS

R E G U L A R

Length x Width: 183x 56 cm

Rolled Size: ø10 x 17cm

Weight: 795g

No. Air Sprung Cells: 596

L A R G E

Length x Width: 203 x 65cm

Rolled Size: ø10 x 20 cm

Weight:: 965g

No. Air Sprung Cells: 788
AIR SPRUNG CELLS™

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sea-To-Summi ... SwknJX0g5U
Hiking Noob
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Sea To Summit Comfort Plus Mattress $110

Postby Hiking Noob » Sat 17 Dec, 2016 12:55 am

It turned up today, it seems fairly comfortable but it is like rolling over on a bunch of chip packets, it's pretty damn noisy!

Saves 250G over my Kathmandoodoo mat, packs much smaller and probably won't leak, I may get a cover for it to try and reduce the noise as I don't sleep much and toss and turn a lot.
Hiking Noob
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby DanR » Mon 19 Dec, 2016 9:21 am

I have one and found it really comfortable. The issue for me was the lack of actual insulation. I have upgraded to a thermarest for additional rest but I think for me, I found the sea to summit more comfortable as it was thinner (not that the thermarest is uncomfortable).
DanR
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Postby Moondog55 » Tue 20 Dec, 2016 11:50 am

Really good value; I think they are selling them cheap because most people seem to be purchasing the insulated version
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Specials, Discounts, Adverts