Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby hikingliz » Fri 28 Dec, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi Mike - I'm interested in an order, could you please PM me? Cheers :)
hikingliz
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri 28 Dec, 2018 7:36 pm
Region: Queensland
Gender: Female

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby undercling-mike » Wed 02 Jan, 2019 3:12 pm

wildwanderer wrote:Hey Michael,

I reviewed your quilt. http://www.bushwalk.com/forum/viewtopic ... 63&t=28963

In a nutshell: very happy with my purchase! :D


I'm glad you're liking your quilt, sounds as though you've been putting it to some good use! Thanks for writing up a review.


neilmny wrote:They look great Mike, what are the prices?


Thanks Neil, I haven't yet computed the full specs and prices for all of the temp ratings and down types but the regular length UL double with -8C rating and 850 fill down will be $580 so it will probably be something like $525 for the -2C and $480 for the +4C. The regular length deluxe doubles with 850 fill down will be approx. $680 for -8C, $620 for -2C and $570 for +4C. I hope that helps give you an idea of pricing and I should have the full details soon.


Other changes are that I'm out of stock of the 800 fill untreated goose down and I've got some 900 fill HyperDRY goose down in to trial as an option between the 850 and 950 fill options. I'm not going to be able to restock the 800 fill down from the same source at an acceptable price so I'm considering options to keep a lower cost option available. Might take some time before I'll have that available.
undercling-mike
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:04 am
Region: New South Wales

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby Parkinson » Sat 19 Jan, 2019 5:14 pm

G'day Mike,

can you shoot me through a pm when you get a chance
Parkinson
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed 31 Oct, 2018 1:46 pm
Region: New South Wales
Gender: Male

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby undercling-mike » Sat 19 Jan, 2019 11:01 pm

Parkinson wrote:G'day Mike,

can you shoot me through a pm when you get a chance



I've sent you a PM, cheers.
undercling-mike
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:04 am
Region: New South Wales

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby Stevepez » Mon 21 Jan, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi Mike,

Interested in ordering a quilt. Would you be able to PM me when you get a chance?

Thanks heaps.
Steve
Stevepez
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon 21 Jan, 2019 11:13 pm
Region: Northern Territory
Gender: Male

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby undercling-mike » Tue 22 Jan, 2019 7:51 am

Stevepez wrote:Hi Mike,

Interested in ordering a quilt. Would you be able to PM me when you get a chance?

Thanks heaps.
Steve


Hi Steve, I've sent you a PM.
undercling-mike
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:04 am
Region: New South Wales

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby tamara988 » Sat 26 Jan, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi Mike!
If you could PM me, I’m interested in a quilt and have some Q’s
Cheers!
tamara988
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat 26 Jan, 2019 7:25 pm
Region: Victoria

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby Al M » Mon 28 Jan, 2019 6:20 pm

Took recent delivery of Mike’s -2 C down quilt, 520g, stitch foot zip design like the ones in previous post pics above and used it recently in Japan winter trip though sleeping indoors a cold traditional Japanese farm house with thin rice paper doors and windows. Outside temperature was -1 C and indoors 0 C and the quilt was excellent with heaps of reserve warmth for colder conditions, very light, compact and no shifting of down to create cold spots, used mostly just as a blanket not clipped in. I’m a warm sleeper that uses a poly stretch liner so reckon this setup will do me for -6 C conditions, which is 90% of my local winter hikes and overseas travel trekking in Nepal without overlooking in the bag etc. Best part is the quilt has no annoying hood section like a normal sleeping bag that gets in the way and allocates material in other places where it matters or saves weight not putting up with that.

Funny thing is all the Japanese locals in the farm house were using their normal massive inefficient old style down quilts on futons to keep warm and I had equal warmth in Mike’s quilt for much less bulk and weight.

Highly recommended, very happy with the product and accessories that came with it (stuff sack and storage bag). This will do me for the next 10-20 years with a semi ultralight pack.
Al M
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun 28 May, 2017 2:15 am
Region: Western Australia
Gender: Male

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby pfeutry » Tue 05 Feb, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi Mike, those double quilts are looking awesome. Any chance you could provide the fill weight along with the other specs? My next big purchase will most certainly be one of these!
pfeutry
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed 29 Jul, 2015 2:14 pm
Region: Tasmania
Gender: Male

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby LizTheHappyHiker » Tue 05 Feb, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi Mike,

Looking at ordering 2 of your quilts. Could you please PM me a quote based on the specs below?

Quilt 1:
- 183cm in length
- zip and drawcord footbox
- 850 hyperdry duck fill
- 15d micro rip stop for the outside and 10d taffeta for the inside
- +4 rating

Quilt 2:
- Do you do longer than 183cm? The person this is for is 6”4 (193cm), and I suspect the 183cm won’t be long enough for him.
- sewn in foot box
- 850 hyperdry duck fill
- 15d micro rip stop for the outside and 15d taffeta for the inside
- +4 rating

Questions!
1) Could you please send me a picture of what colour options you currently have available?
2) What’s the difference between duck and goose down (other than the obvious!)?
3) How long roughly will it take between ordering and delivery?

Cheers,

Liz
LizTheHappyHiker
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue 05 Feb, 2019 7:17 pm
Region: Victoria
Gender: Female

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby undercling-mike » Wed 06 Feb, 2019 10:03 am

Hi all, an update on down availability, I've just run out of 950 fill goose down so at the moment I've got 850 fill duck down and 900 fill goose down. Both have the HyperDRY water resistant treatment and are RDS (responsible down standard) certified. I'll be restocking the 950 fill and investigating a replacement for the 800 fill but it'll be at least a few months before I'll have anything on hand.


pfeutry wrote:Hi Mike, those double quilts are looking awesome. Any chance you could provide the fill weight along with the other specs? My next big purchase will most certainly be one of these!


Thanks! I need to re-check the full specs and I still have a little work to do on these (the templates are still in production for the dlx version) but for an approximate idea a -8C reg length UL double with zip/drawcord footbox, 15d shell and 10d inner has a fill weight of ~680g and total weight of 960g and a deluxe double with the same options has a fill weight of ~790g with a total weight of 1130g. Sorry this is taking longer than expected to get going, I was expecting January/February to be a bit quiet and that I'd have time to push it forward but it hasn't been.


Al M wrote:Took recent delivery of Mike’s -2 C down quilt, 520g, stitch foot zip design like the ones in previous post pics above and used it recently in Japan winter trip though sleeping indoors a cold traditional Japanese farm house with thin rice paper doors and windows. Outside temperature was -1 C and indoors 0 C and the quilt was excellent with heaps of reserve warmth for colder conditions, very light, compact and no shifting of down to create cold spots, used mostly just as a blanket not clipped in. I’m a warm sleeper that uses a poly stretch liner so reckon this setup will do me for -6 C conditions, which is 90% of my local winter hikes and overseas travel trekking in Nepal without overlooking in the bag etc. Best part is the quilt has no annoying hood section like a normal sleeping bag that gets in the way and allocates material in other places where it matters or saves weight not putting up with that.

Funny thing is all the Japanese locals in the farm house were using their normal massive inefficient old style down quilts on futons to keep warm and I had equal warmth in Mike’s quilt for much less bulk and weight.

Highly recommended, very happy with the product and accessories that came with it (stuff sack and storage bag). This will do me for the next 10-20 years with a semi ultralight pack.


Thanks Al and I'm glad you're getting some good use out of it!
undercling-mike
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:04 am
Region: New South Wales

Re: Made to order ultralight down quilts (thread #2)

Postby AnL » Thu 07 Feb, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi Mike, can you please send me some specs on your quilts? Thank you.
AnL
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu 07 Feb, 2019 8:05 pm
Region: Australian Capital Territory

Previous

Return to Specials, Discounts, Adverts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests