[NT post Aus] Starlyte-style ultralight stove

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

[NT post Aus] Starlyte-style ultralight stove

Postby enlightened0ne » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi all,

Since Zelph doesn't ship to Australia, I'm making Starlyte-style stoves for my own ultralight backpacking. Total weight is between 9g and 13g depending on the size, and the stove can hold 30mL of metho without spilling. With a caldera cone such as the ones produced by trail designs, 500mL of water will reach a rolling boil using 15mL of fuel. I typically use 12mL of metho and mix in 3mL of water, which is equally effective and saves fuel. After making my own stoves and testing quite a lot I've still got heaps of material left over, so I'm happy to make them for others.

I have 2 versions of the stove- a smaller wedding favour tin, and a larger aluminium soda can version.

IMG_7066.JPG
Soda Can
IMG_7066.JPG (139.36 KiB) Viewed 4778 times

FullSizeRender.jpg
Wedding favour

If anyone is interested in one I'm happy to make and send them for $15 + shipping each. PM me if you want one.
enlightened0ne
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Northern Territory

Re: [NT post Aus] Starlyte-style ultralight stove

Postby enlightened0ne » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 11:38 pm

Shipped one of these off this week. I still have plenty of materials if anyone wants one.
enlightened0ne
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby enlightened0ne » Sat 02 Dec, 2017 2:20 pm

Sent off a couple more. Here's the way I'm making the soda can versions (they're a bit lighter and more rigid than the wedding tin ones)

IMG_7534.JPG

IMG_7533.JPG
enlightened0ne
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby Rosscodj » Thu 21 Dec, 2017 3:42 pm

I bought a sofa can version. It looks great, really well made, and super light weight. Can’t wait to give it a test run. Thanks again!
Rosscodj
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Postby enlightened0ne » Mon 01 Jan, 2018 8:16 pm

New stoves ready to go!

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
enlightened0ne
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii