Rays Taylors Lakes Closing Down Sale

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

Rays Taylors Lakes Closing Down Sale

Postby fast turtle » Wed 11 Apr, 2018 12:59 pm

If anyone is interested, Rays Taylors Lakes sent me this email:

As a Rays Rewards Member we would like to advise that your local Rays Taylors Lakes store is on the move in the coming months and will be relocated to our Preston Store. Find Stores

Before the move we are having an “EVERYTHING’S ON SALE” sale starting this Thursday (12th April), with savings on every item!

But get in quick, only while stocks last and in-store only!

From the Rays Team
fast turtle
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Re: Rays Taylors Lakes Closing Down Sale

Postby Moondog55 » Thu 12 Apr, 2018 2:06 pm

Ditto Werribee
I just a reminder email myself
I should go and have a look but it will cost me $50- return in fuel and they only gave me a $20- rewards credit
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby wazzawalkin » Fri 13 Apr, 2018 5:06 pm

Add the Shepparton store to the list.
According to the person that served me it was one of 6 to close, with the rest re-branding as Macpac.

Wazza
wazzawalkin
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby jadasa » Fri 04 May, 2018 8:44 am

Is this sale still happening or have they moved now?

Any word on the future of the Geelong store?
jadasa
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Dieselpower » Fri 11 May, 2018 4:23 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but why would the Rays stores be re-branding as MacPac? I freaking love MacPac gear, but I can't justify the price of some of their stuff. Rays has allowed me to get moving on decent gear at good prices. Love the place! Wish they carried more brands of higher end tents, though.
Dieselpower
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby stansi » Sat 12 May, 2018 9:40 am

Dieselpower wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but why would the Rays stores be re-branding as MacPac? I freaking love MacPac gear, but I can't justify the price of some of their stuff. Rays has allowed me to get moving on decent gear at good prices. Love the place! Wish they carried more brands of higher end tents, though.

From .....Financial Review
Feb. 20 2018

"Super Retail Group chief Peter Birtles has pointed to the success of Rebel Sport and BCF to justify the $135 million acquisition of adventure retailer Macpac and a new push into the $2.2 billion outdoor market.

SRG plans to build a chain of small-format and large-format adventure/outdoor stores under the Macpac brand – closing or rebranding some of its loss-making Rays stores – after beating off three offshore buyers to buy Macpac from private equity firm CHAMP Ventures and Kathmandu co-founder Jan Cameron."
stansi
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Dieselpower » Sun 27 May, 2018 7:17 pm

Yup, that explains it hahaha
Dieselpower
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Specials, Discounts, Adverts