DCF food bags and stuff sacks

Commercial posts in this forum are permitted. This forum is only visible to members. Topics deleted after 2 idle years.
Forum rules
Topics here should be bushwalking-related. Topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and/or town/suburb enclosed in square brackets IF the topic is only relevant to a particular location. Eg [TAS Hbt].

Topics posted by commercial organisations to advertise or discuss their own products or services are subject to the following additional limitations:
  • maximum of one topic per commercial organisation per week
  • posts from new or otherwise unknown advertisers may be rejected or deleted by moderators if they have any reason to think it might be spam - to be on the safe side, new advertisers can obtain permission from site admins before posting their first advertising topic
  • It must be clear that the post has been written by the organisation which produces or sells the product(s) or service(s) by filling in the "Associated Organisations" field in the user profile.

Note that any content, commercial or otherwise, which is deemed inappropriate for any reason may be deleted without notice.

DCF food bags and stuff sacks

Postby ULhikerAU » Mon 18 Mar, 2019 10:49 pm

My online store has just opened where you can find a DCF foods bags similar to Zpacks, LiteAF and Hyperlight Mountain Gear and you don't have to wait weeks to get it. I've also got dyneema stuff sacks, roll top dry bags, wallets and zipper pouches. I was sick of not being able to find anyone selling ultralight DCF gear here in Australia so I decided to open an online store and have a crack at providing it to the hiking community. Now you can shop from a small cottage Australian company.

Website is http://ultralighthiker.com.au

I'd love to hear from people in this forum about gear they wish they could get over here and I'll see what I can do. :D

fullsizeoutput_3479.jpeg
Roll Top Dry Bags

small-dry-bag-l.jpeg
Roll Top Dry Bags - DCF

fullsizeoutput_346e.jpeg
Food Bag Med-Wide

fullsizeoutput_3472.jpeg
Zipper Pouch - DCF

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (21.31 KiB) Viewed 4776 times
ULhikerAU
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Ultralight Hiker
Region: Victoria

Re: DCF food bags and stuff sacks

Postby wildwanderer » Thu 21 Mar, 2019 10:16 pm

Welcome!

Good luck with the business.

Stuff we cant get over here without paying high shipping(to my knowledge)
- polycro ground sheets
- Dyneema cord for tent guylines etc. Tiny toggles etc
- hipbelt pouches
wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby ChrisJHC » Fri 22 Mar, 2019 8:14 am

Having just taken out a second mortgage to buy a DCF tarp I’d say there would definitely be a market for those!
ChrisJHC
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby ChrisJHC » Fri 22 Mar, 2019 8:15 am

Oh, and good luck with the shop!
ChrisJHC
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Warin » Fri 22 Mar, 2019 9:42 am

wildwanderer wrote:- Dyneema cord for tent guylines etc. Tiny toggles etc

Kite lines of spectra are light, strong, does not stretch .. and can be had off fleebay.

Toggles to match it .. not found. I connect the tends to larger diameter cord for use with toggles or knots. The kite string is too small and slippery to be fussed with it on the ends, a bowline works well for fastening.
Warin
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Postby cricket117 » Fri 28 Jun, 2019 9:23 pm

I just found your website through a web search for DCF stuff sacks Australia and was stoked and straight away ordered some stuff sacks. I also enjoyed reading the blog posts!
One piece of gear I wish we could get over here is a lightweight stuff sack pillow kind of thing with a fleece liner on one side like what hyperlite mountain gear makes :D
Good luck with the business!
cricket117
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Return to Specials, Discounts, Adverts