im still alive

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

im still alive

Postby Kozzie » Wed 12 Sep, 2012 7:49 pm

Ay all so some of you may remember mocking my last summer with my crazy antics and rambleings as i hiked round tassy for a few months. Well! Im back in australia soon and thought itd be fiting to let you know not only didnt i die i didnt get lost hikeing threw out philippines for 3 months and hikeing thru sri lanka for 4 months i managed to do some really nice hikes some of you may even be jelous of knuckles ranges and ella in sri lanka and bohol etc in philly. Ive progressed somewhat and im now really quite adept i believe. I just wanted to say gday and nyeah nyea nyea nyeah nyeahh to you all :P

now i allso did a HELL of alot of kiteing and i remember being roadblocked off trying to access the cleanest air in the world. Due to all the windfarms etc

i would really like to get your input on possibly sneaking there for a week of kiteing and camping. I imagine ill need to go under the cover of darkness and break camp every night maybe sleep in some trees. It has to be good wind conditions. Finding a unique kite spot such as this has been a goal of mine. Anyone with any info would be really apreciative be it encourageing or discourageing i do not mind all advice is helpfull. Anyways hi all again and i hope to hear from you
Kozzie
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: im still alive

Postby ILUVSWTAS » Wed 12 Sep, 2012 7:54 pm

Onya Kozz. Good to see your still defying the odds! :wink:

Look forward to more entertaining stories this summer!!
Nothing to see here.
ILUVSWTAS
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby stepbystep » Wed 12 Sep, 2012 8:22 pm

Try Marrawah Kozzie and anywhere South of that. Cheap/free camping, big waves and very strong wind. Stormsurfers are heading this way soon...
The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders ~ Edward Abbey
stepbystep
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Kozzie » Sun 07 Oct, 2012 9:06 pm

Cheers for the tip ill be looking into it. Just getting my paraglideing licence now so i can one day get into the hike and fly business and i think there would be many a nice place in tasmania for paraglideing. It will be sometime tho. Im torn between going abroad or doing a huge big trip of australia and new zealand in a van for a year and a bit. Absolutely broke right now so ill have to really knuckle down amd get some good research in while i try to raise the funds. I was in a pretty epic photo other day just on my first tandem flight with a mother whale and her calf below. Its honestly the ONLY way to go whale watching ill see if i can upload it here
Kozzie
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Kozzie » Mon 04 Mar, 2019 10:44 pm

God damn
... So been a bit preoccupied ended up getting pretty good with the kites and also with the paragliders :) I'm afraid my ... I don't even know how to describe it but weird way of talking on these things is a bit less full on.

Stopped traveling the world and have settled down with a campervan now and was looking at some great walks in Australia and remembered this website. Figured I better check to see if I could still log in and here we are.

I'll do a little more research then hassle yas for some recommendations. I'm thinking it's about time I wandered up kosziosko btw (lived in Poland for a bit and learnt all is Aussies been completely pronouncing that one wrong since day dot) it's really koo-shesh-koh
Kozzie
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Tasmania