Desktop version
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Re: Esperance Peak

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:52 am

Was the gate open?

Mon 22 Oct, 2018 10:59 am

north-north-west wrote:Was the gate open?

Yeah it was. There is only the one gate at the bottom of Caseys Road, almost immediately after turning off Esperance River Road.

Sun 21 Apr, 2019 11:57 am

Hey all, thanks for the info on this one, only thing I would add to this is to go through the point marked on the image below (judging off the satellite and what I saw in person this seemed to be a bit easier). Hopefully my GPX track works too.

We had a great day out, really sunny day, the bush and the peak were really cool. Took 7 hours for us, we weren't in any rush. Thanks to everyone here for making this one happen, hopefully we can keep this one well taped. Safe bushwalking all.

DSC_0030Dwnszd.JPG
To the north from the peak

Points2.png
Easiest way, I think?
Points2.png (582.8 KiB) Viewed 6723 times

EsperanceRouteFinal.gpx
GPX file, hopefully it works
(210.64 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

Sun 21 Apr, 2019 7:28 pm

Thanks for sharing. I should mentioned earlier that there is a pad up from the plateau that is a bit further north than the route you have highlighted and leads almost all the way up. Probably wouldn't make a huge difference though as the scrub band is small and pretty easy to negotiate.

Mon 22 Jul, 2019 9:41 pm

This was posted on my site RE the cut track we found.

"The route you found was cut illegally in 2017. The person was charged by PWS for destroying vegetation in a World Heritage Area. They lost their job and were fined by the court. The peak was obtainable without the route being hacked into the National Park. Cut straight up a fall line with no thought as to how that would effect the site. Such a shame."
Post a reply