Federation peak transport

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Federation peak transport

Postby vissers » Wed 24 Dec, 2008 5:28 pm

Gday

My names luke and i am from Victoria interested in walking Federaton Peak and i was just wondering how i am supposed to get from Hobart - after flying from melbourne, to the start of the walk now that there is no bus service.
Is anyone going in late january?
vissers
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Re: Federation peak transport

Postby tastrekker » Mon 05 Jan, 2009 8:57 pm

Dear Vissers,
I've just noticed your post languishing with no replies...
Check out the following post at the tail end of a thread about 'Fedder': Federation Peak and Blade Ridge Taxi Transport
There is a good bus service from Hobart to Huonville which will save some of the taxi fare. I checked the Yellow Pages and the taxi service referred to still exists. It sounds like you would not be the first one to enquire about such a service. I don't actually know what the transport from the airport to the city is like but I would assume there's a shuttle of some sort.
Of course, this is only helpful if you plan to walk from Farmhouse Creek or the YoYo (Huon) tracks. I do not know what the options are for reaching the Scotts Peak end of the Federation Peak (Eastern Arthurs) track.
Regards,
TasTrekker
tastrekker
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to Tasmania