Advice on Tasmania Walking Trip

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Advice on Tasmania Walking Trip

Postby Fruitbat » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 7:44 am

G’day fellow bushwalker,
I am planning a 6 week Tasmania trip for this coming January-February. Last time I was in Tassi for a week, 10 years ago, I did Frenchman’s Cap. I would love to speak with someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in the great walks in Tasmania who could help guide me in maximizing what walks I can do with proper planning. I will still read up on the internet and browse through a few books, however, I believe there is nothing like good inside information and would be most grateful for any help.
I’m passionate about hiking. I walked the Kokoda Trak solo, got to the end, turned around and walked back.
Thank you,
-Ben
Fruitbat
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Advice on Tasmania Walking Trip

Postby Hermione » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi Fruitbat,
There is a wealth of information about walking in Tasmania on this site, if you spend some time reading through past threads. If you're looking for more information it might be a good idea to give a bit more detail about your experience level and what sort of walks you want to do. For example how's your navigation? Are looking for a well maintained track or something a bit more challenging? It can be pretty hard assess someone's experience/ability to cope with a particular walk when you don't know them and haven't walked with them. I have personally been caught out like this before taking others on group trips. No one on this forum wants to provide information which could see a fellow bushwalker get themselves into trouble, which is why I say a bit more detail about your own walking experience would help.
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit"
Hermione
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to Tasmania