PLB-mess at Service Tasmania...we need one now!

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

PLB-mess at Service Tasmania...we need one now!

Postby Indigoo » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 2:43 pm

Hey,

just pre-ordered a PLB at Service Tasmania one week ago at Hobart to pick up today. Well the guys who had it before just sent it back from Launceston today, although they only hired it until the beginning of january (and ST didn`t notice...). There`s no others available at ST at the moment. We`re at the public computers at ST in Hobart now and try to organise another one, until now without success.

We planned to pick up the PLB today, leave Hobart to Hounville in the evening and then continue to Cockle Creek tommorow. We do the South-Coast Track to Melaleuca and continue via Port Davey Track to Scotts Peak Dam. We allow three weeks with spare days.

We don` t really have the opportunity to start later, as our time in Tasmania is limited, we also don`t want to do the thing without an PLB.

Is there anyone out there in Hobart, owning a PLB and is not needing it for the next three weeks?

If yes, or if you have any other information that might help us don` t hesitate to contact us via phone. 0467383569

Thanks and cheers,

Max & Dora
Indigoo
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Tasmania

Re: PLB-mess at Service Tasmania...we need one now!

Postby weeds » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 5:58 pm

I cannot help....if it was me I would have walked around the corner and purchased one......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
weeds
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Queensland

Postby Indigoo » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 3:57 pm

Hey,

it worked out in the end, thanks to Brett!

All the best,

Max & Dora
Indigoo
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby Tastrippa » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 8:58 pm

Hmm, I scored a PLB at short notice from a guy called Brett, great help and fast service. Site is called wilderness safety Tasmania, you can hire them from Tasmanian map centre as well
I have a long way to go....lucky I'm already here!
Tastrippa
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Tasmania